The B.Sc Computer Science programme of the Mahatma Gandhi University follows the choice based credit semester system as envisaged by the University Grants Commission and the Higher Education Council of Kerala. The Programme shall be completed in six semesters. Each semester is a minimum of 18 instructional weeks, comprising 90 working days with continuous internal evaluation and University examination at the end of each semester.
The total numbers of seats in College of Applied Science, Thodupuzha for B.Sc Computer Science are 40.
The eligibility for admission to B.Sc Computer Science Degree under the Mahatma Gandhi University is a pass in Pre-degree, Plus Two or equivalent examinations in science stream with Mathematics/Computer Science as a compulsory subject.
SELECTION OF CANDIDATES
- Selection of candidates for admission to the Colleges of Applied Science under IHRD will be on institution-wise. Admission to all the Colleges of Applied Science shall be made on the same day.
- Admission shall be made purely on the basis of grades/marks obtained for higher secondary / equivalent qualifying examination.
- For selection, the ranking index/marks will be finally arrived by taking account into the instruction and Guidelines issued by the University from time to time.
- The grade/marks declared by the candidates in the application form alone will be considered for selection. If the maximum marks for a subject of the qualifying examination is above 100, the candidates shall convert the marks secured out of 100.
- For the purpose of selection, each College of Applied Science under IHRD will be treated as a separate unit.
- Once admitted, transfer from one College of Applied Science to another under IHRD will NOT be granted under any circumstances.
- Selection of candidates for interview on admission will be on the basis of information including that of grades/marks furnished by the candidate in the application form.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms and prospectus can be obtained by cash payment of Rs. 200/- (Two Hundred only). this amount includes the registration fee. (In case of SC/ST candidates, the cost will be Rs. 100/- by cash).
- Admission Fee : Rs. 300 /- (at the time of admission)
- Tuition Fee/Sem : Rs. 7500 /- (of TWO installments @ Rs. 3750 /-)
- Special Fee/Sem : Rs. 1875 /- (at the time of admission)
- Students Amenities : Rs. 200 /- (Per Year)
- Caution Deposit : Rs. 1000 /- (at the time of admission and refundable)
- Receipt of application will be acknowledged, allotting a register number. The registration number as shown in the receipt should be mentioned in all future correspondence concerning admission.
- Selection of candidates will be made by Principal's concern, based on the information furnished in the application.
- The selection for the admission will be provisional subject to verification of original documents and eligibility, by the Head of the Institute. If on verification any information given in the application is found false, the candidate will be forfeit his/her claim for admission.
- The list of candidates called for interview will be published in the institution. Individual memo will also be sent.
- The candidates called for interview should bring the original of all the certificates on the dates specified at their own expense. Transfer Certificate (TC) should be produced within a week from the date of provisional admission.
- A candidate who does not turn up for the interview as per the schedule and at the place and time will forfeit his/her chance for admission and will NOT be considered for any future vacancies for admission irrespective of the rank secured. However, if a candidate is not able to attend interview on genuine grounds, the parent/guardian or any authorized person can act as a proxy at the risk of the candidate.
- The candidates seeking admission to the course will have to abide by the campus rules and regulations issued from time to time.