College of Applied Science, Thodupuzha, under the institute of Human Resource development (IHRD) established mainly for the development of manpower in the field of computers, information Technology and allied areas. With a view to provide advanced skills in the above fields, the college offers Post graduate course in computer science. M.Sc Computer science is semester wise course spread over a period of Two Years under Mahatma Gandhi University.
The total numbers of seats in College of Applied Science, Thodupuzha for M.Sc Computer Science are 30.
The eligibility for admission to M.Sc Computer Science Degree under the Mahatma Gandhi University is a pass in B.Sc Degree with Mathematics/Computer Science/Electronics/IT as one of the subjects (main/subsidiary) or BCA/B.Tech degree with not less than 55% marks in optional subject. Candidate having degree in Computer Science/Computer Applications/IT/Electronics shall be given a weightage of 20% marks in the qualifying degree examination.
SELECTION OF CANDIDATES
- Selection of candidates for admission to the Colleges of Applied Science under IHRD will be on institution-wise. Admission to all the Colleges of Applied Science shall be made on the same day.
- Admission shall be made purely on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate for the qualifying examination.
- The ranking marks shall be arrived as follows
- Total marks obtained for the part of B.Sc Examination relating to the optional subjects, main and subsidiary put together, plus the marks obtained for the main subject, theory and practical, less handicap marks, plus bonus marks, if any.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms and prospectus can be obtained by cash payment of Rs. 300/- (Three Hundred only). this amount includes the registration fee. (In case of SC/ST candidates, the cost will be Rs. 150/- by cash).
- Admission Fee : Rs. 1000/- (at the time of admission)
- Tuition Fee/Sem : Rs. 15000/- (of TWO installments @ Rs. 7500/-)
- Special Fee/Sem : Rs. 3750/-
- Students Amenities : Rs. 200/- (Per Year)
- Caution Deposit : Rs. 1000 /- (at the time of admission and refundable)
- Receipt of application will be acknowledged, allotting a register number. The registration number as shown in the receipt should be mentioned in all future correspondence concerning admission.
- Selection of candidates will be made by Principal's concern, based on the information furnished in the application.
- The selection for the admission will be provisional subject to verification of original documents and eligibility, by the Head of the Institute. If on verification any information given in the application is found false, the candidate will be forfeit his/her claim for admission.
- The list of candidates called for interview will be published in the institution. Individual memo will also be sent.
- The candidates called for interview should bring the original of all the certificates on the dates specified at their own expense. Transfer Certificate (TC) should be produced within a week from the date of provisional admission.
- A candidate who does not turn up for the interview as per the schedule and at the place and time will forfeit his/her chance for admission and will NOT be considered for any future vacancies for admission irrespective of the rank secured. However, if a candidate is not able to attend interview on genuine grounds, the parent/guardian or any authorized person can act as a proxy at the risk of the candidate.
- The candidates seeking admission to the course will have to abide by the campus rules and regulations issued from time to time.