- To provide education and training of consistently high stands through innovative and versatile programmes that are responsible to the current and emerging needs of the community.
- To ensure that the aim of education is realized not only in the acquisition of new knowledge and skills, but also in the attainment of wisdom and judgment indispensable to their proper application.
- To provide leadership and support in ensuring life long learning, which promotes the total development of the individual and society in which the person functions.
- To pursue optimal and flexible systems management concepts and techniques for fulfillment of institutional objects and aspirations.
- To empower those interested to benefit, by making use of the knowledge, experience and expertise gained by the institute
- IHRD is dedicated to scientific advancement, technological progress and economic growth of the country through human resources development. It shall endeavor to adhere to the principle." Think Globally and Act Locally", so that compulsions of the nation's welfare are firmly entwined with and embedded in the worldwide goals of society